Well…I cook a lot and I just loved this recipe. So give it a try and I bet you will love it too. I changed a few things from the original. Black olives are optional.
- 1 box uncooked angel hair pasta or whatever pasta you like(save extra pasta for next day to make a chicken noodle soup)
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 oz cans) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 5 pitted black olives sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 can broth, lemon juice and dried basil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/2 can broth until smooth; stir into the pan. (Save the other half can of broth for a quick chicken noodle soup for lunch the next day.) Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and shrimp; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir pasta into shrimp mixture until it looks perfectly coated. Sprinkle with cheese, sliced black olives and fresh basil. Yield: 4 servings.